Friday, 24 May 2013

Stamping' up Party



My first Stampin' up demonstration party was fun. We were 4 adults and one child crafting. Learning  and trying out some of the Stampin' up products. 



This ink pad was the one I used on my box and bookmark.

We all made a lovely small box and a bookmark out of card stock. The cool thing about this party was that you could make your own things and that it was not only something for adults. One of my friends thought that the idea of seeing how easy it is to use their products and get new ideas of what you could make as a quick small gift. Something to take with you anywhere was fantastic. A small present with chocolates or a book with a hand made bookmark for a host. Wouldn't every host love that you thought of her enough to make something. Not just a bought gift? I know I would feel special.



My bookmark which was done using photo paper and VersaMark and a green card stock.



We all had a lovely time with Nicole our demonstrator.  I had trouble not wanting everything that was in the catalog. The cool thing about having this at home was that I was given more time than the others to look into my art room and really think of what I needed. I know I should have done this before she came, but I had had no idea what Stampin' up really was. I know I've heard other YouTubers using it, but I needed to look and feel it for myself before spending the money. 
There was so much to choose from. She told us that the best thing to do was to just take one stamp and use it. Try using it in different ways. Then come back and order another, use it and come back. No point in having everything and not using it. Or not know what to do with it.

This is what my table looked like while working.
Next time I'm pulling the table out so we have more space.

 So yes there will be a next time. 
Thanks Nico for coming to my house.

 
Post a Comment