Monday, 6 October 2014

Starbucks Friday



Starbucks Friday


Today after school I decided to not to drive home but carry on-wards towards Bremen to visit Starbucks to have my favourite frap and to do some writing.

I have been having problems with writing at home. 

You see, I would always stop and do something important like hang the washing up or but the dishwasher on. You know the very very important everyday stuff.
So we thought (the family and I) that I should use the Friday to just drive on from school to Bremen because it would only take me 30 minuets to get there and not 45 mins if I was to start from home. 
Another reason is that I do believe I get more done this way. 
By the looks of things it's true.

This is my first Friday where I'm attempting to do some work outside of my home.


Okay so I get to Bremen all brave, park my car, no problem and feel so proud of myself that I have made it this far. Then feeling kinda hungry I go in search for some food (it's now lunch time).
Still feeling brave I move on to find Starbucks. 

Then my nerves start to build up

What if I can't find a nice place outside to write? What if all the comfy chairs are all taken? What if it's too cold to sit outside? Oh no it's starting to rain.
Try calming yourself down with all these worries, not an easy task. 

No problem I'm me I can do this. No problem I'm me I can do this. On and on, one foot at a time. 

Ordered my drink became a star saver, put 10€ onto my card and moved on to find myself a nice comfy chair outside.

Next problem, next worry. 

I wanted to take my sons computer out of my bag but couldn't. I thought people would stare at me and wonder what I was doing. Looking around I couldn't see anyone working. So I tried to work on my windows phone, that didn't work out too well, way too small.

So I had to be courageous and take it out the computer and just start writing.


While taking another look around I see people doing homework and other´s doing cross words. Business men talking on their phones others writing in appointments. 
See silly me no need to worry at all.

It starts to rain even more and not at all warm outside. 
I know I could go inside. 
I peek into the window but there doesn't seem to be that much space in there. 


I start to reason with myself.

Time to do my pro and cons.
The air outside is much better. 
You can see more of the outside world from here. 
It's raining but I'm under this brick thing. 
I'm dry but cold. 
There are not as many people sitting outside (well no because it's cold and raining).
I might come out smelling like coffee. (Now is that really a bad thing?)
The last thing I say to myself is, if it gets too cold I'm going some place else.

No I didn't move I stayed there for a few hours more and got loads of work done. Drove home happy and content.
Ready for another Starbucks Friday.


Post a Comment