Monday, 1 December 2014

New home made Teachers planner

 


Home made Teachers planner


It was that time of year where all teachers, home schooling or conventional need a new planner.

I was on a mission again to find a planner that I liked.
I wasn't able to fine one that fit my needs. Having the same planner as I used last term wouldn't do me this year. (see teachers planner on this blog)

I wanted more colour. I wanted to love having this in my hands and opening it, using it. I also wanted something that other teachers didn't have.

Time to buy a new one

So this is when I went to staples and bought myself an new binder to hold all my lovely coloured pages.

I like the staples binders because they have rubber edges and have a pocket on the cover for your own pictures. 


I have the LimeTreeFruits dividers and inserts. They only had to be printed out and hole punched and stuck in.

 "How to be a Goddess" by Leonie Dawson


Where my planning love comes out to play

Inside my calender I have the days and times I am available, marked off. This makes planning my work life a lot simpler and I can never double book myself.
If for example a school phones up and asks if I can substitute, all I have to do is take a look at where I am at what time. That way I can tell them if I am free or not. 

What I have inside



 I have an income tracker inside because I work from home. This is in the front for easy access.

A year on one page with the school holidays blocked off. Good for planning when I will be working in the holidays and when I can book my own holiday.

I have 4 different school time tables inside. 
Some schools have different starting and lesson times which at first sounds stupid but it makes my life much easier. I can then coordinate driving from one school to the next much better. 
If they all had the same lesson plan I wouldn't be able to make 3 different schools in one morning.

Behind the second divider I have my home lesson plan. I write the children names and what they have had to learn that day. I also write down if I have given them homework so I remember to ask them for it the following week.



My next divider is my school lesson planner. What school or Kindergarten I have to be in and for how long. I have my lesson teaching plan written down so I don't forget or mix them up. I also write down if I have to bring props with me.

I then have student attendance insert. This is mainly for Kindergarten to I know how much money I have to invoice parents.



Student info is of cause for their telephone numbers. Mainly for when I happen to be ill and can't teach. 
If you have read my Family Planner blog post, you will remember me talking about a note telling my husband where to look. This is the planner he will find all their phone numbers.

On the back of the Student info I have printed out a form for student grades. So info on one side and grades on the other
With the grades insert I log all class test. Vocabulary and grammar tests. This way I can see and warn the child of their school grade. 
We can both then see if our goal of a good grade will be reached at the end of the school turn or not. If he or she can relax or has to work harder. 



Then I some empty dividers. I never know if I might need them or not.

Then I have a song page. Songs I like to sing in the lesson. 
A plan of what subjects I want to cover in a school year for both kindergarten and school.

Then last but not least I have a pocket to hold any random paper I am given through out the day.

Over to you

What do you have in your teachers planner?

I Really would love to see some of your pictures. 
Just be brave and write a comment below.

Have a lovely day


Your Susan

Post a Comment